Why was this past weekend fantastic? I'll tell you, in a tidy, bulleted list.
- After Shmooie's nap on Saturday, he and I headed over to the K house, where HPR was working. I had never been inside before; Shmoo enjoyed running in circles on the carpet on the main floor. We also enjoyed watching the horses and carriages pull tourists on Pine and Third Streets.
- HPR then had to leave to close Franklin Court, but Shmoo and I headed to the Mummer's Parade. I am amazed by it every time I've gone. See a great photo set here. I especially like this one.
- Shmooie's Vaudeville humor cropped up again. Our conversation:
Me, examining his nose: "Is that a booger?"
Shmoo: No, it'S NOT.
[All laugh.] Then HPR and I had to explain to Shmoo why it was funny.
- HPR's weekends are now Sunday-Monday; they had been Friday-Saturday. So we are now able to go to Quaker Meeting as a family.
- Although our crockpot scorched the red lentil-coconut milk-cilantro-lime soup I made for Quaker Meeting, I was able to scoop out the good stuff and resuscitate it with a little veggie broth. And people loved it.
- Shmooie's down time/nap on Sunday allowed HPR and me to work on project Shmoo II. Ahem.
- Although the cleaning/organizing/decluttering needs are never-ending in our house and I have tons of thank-yous to write, I ignored them and read for a couple of hours on Sunday, with Loki cat on my lap. I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I did decide it would be nice to read more this year.
- Our lost suitcase was found. An employee of an airline completely different from the one we flew called Sunday to say they had our bag. He saw the return address stickers that were in the bag for our holiday greetings, then looked us up in the city directory. HPR went to pick it up. Although it might have been nice to have $900 in exchange for a bunch of dirty laundry and a suitcase from the '80s, I am glad to have a couple of my favorite pairs of pants back.
- After Shmoo woke up and we had a snuggle, I made dinner while watching HPR and Shmoo play in the living room. That is my favorite sight in the world. Shmoo is much less clingy to me these days, especially at home. I attribute the change mostly to the new toys he got for Christmas.
- I am only a fair-weather fan, but it was great to hear that the Eagles won and that it was such a dramatic game.
Changing the subject: Sheryl at Paper Napkin has dubbed January 8-12 "delurking week." (She also created the image on the left.) If you have never commented, I invite you to do so; I love it when I learn who reads this blog.